To keep our programming simple and applicable to the majority of our athletes, regardless of a current physical ability and endurance level, pacing is based on an individual effort which is broken down as follows:
- Recovery Pace (40% effort): pace you can sustain indefinitely.
- Easy Pace (50-65% effort): pace you can sustain for 60 minutes (10k run).
- Moderate Pace (65-75% effort): pace you can hold for 20-30 minutes (5k run).
- Hard Pace (75-85% effort): pace you can hold for 5-8 minutes (1600m or 1 mile run).
- Very Hard Pace (85-95% effort): pace you can hold for 3-5 minutes (800m run).
- Max Pace (100% effort): 100-200m sprint.